OUR DAILY SCHEDULE
Enjoy an early rise for our peaceful sunrise yoga session.
After class get stuck into our delicious first breakfast, yes there are two! Our continental breakfast consists of fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, toast, a wide selection of jams, peanut butter & Nutella, tea, coffee & fruit juice. After breakfast we will head to the water for our first breathtaking early morning dive.
After working up a serious appetite, we will return to the boat for our 2nd “BIG”breakfast including options for eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, french toast, oats, more fresh fruit & more excellent freshly baked homemade brown or white bread/toast.
After our second meal of the day we will have some time for relaxing & digesting before jumping in for our late morning dive (or snorkel) in the beautiful Komodo Marine park.
After which you’re free to relax on the Carpe Diem’s comfortable, spacious & shaded sundeck before lunch is served around 13:00pm
This two course lunch consists of varying western & local dishes comprising of meat / fish / vegetarian or vegan dishes, finishing of with fresh fruit to keep it light before we hit the water again for our afternoon dive.
On certain days our 3rd dive is replaced with an opportunity to go hiking or to go & see the famous Komodo dragons.
An array of drinks & snacks, fresh fruit, nuts & desserts are served daily around 4pm, ensuring that no one ever goes hungry on this active retreat. Drinks include an array of soft drinks & fruit juices, an assortment of teas or freshly made Balinese coffee.
Afternoon refreshments will be followed by our evening yoga class. Midweek we will do an excursion to “Pink beach” where you can enjoy some beers & snacks on the beach while watching the sun go down. Although our days are jam packed with the various activities on offer, you are of course always welcome to sleep in one morning, or free to skip one of the dives or yoga sessions should you feel that this action packed itinerary is a little to intense for you.
Optional night dives are also available for those who just cannot get enough of the water.
A wholesome 3 course dinner of traditional Indonesian & western dishes with vegetarian, pescatarian & meat options will be served shortly after our evening sunset yoga practice.
If you would like to see pictures from the last retreat & pictures of the cabins & boat then please check out the gallery at the bottom of the page.
Also if you require any additional information then please don’t hesitate to contact Keira directly via email@example.com You can also look on the Carpe Diem phones website for more information on the boat. http://www.carpediemphinisi.com
During the week you will get to experience the innovative marriage of scuba diving, yoga & an introduction to meditation. Our next trip will begin on July 11th 2022. We look forward to welcoming you en board.
The local airport to fly into is La Buan Bajo in Flores Island (LBJ airport code) Garuda airlines & Nam Air operates many flights daily via Jakarta & Bali. If you need additional information or travel advice on getting to & from Flores Island then feel free to contact us.
Due to the overwhelming demand on our previous trips June 2018 & 2019 trips we scheduled two consecutive yoga & diving retreats on both years to accommodate all bookings. Enquire early to ensure your space on board.
The Carpe Diem Phinisi has a staff of 10 experienced crew for just 4 cabins which can accommodate a maximum number of 7 guests. This ensures that all classes & dive groups are kept small & personal & above all extremely safe.
Prices are based on shared occupancy in either double or twin bed cabins
The Total Package Price is 2,500 USD per person
All PACKAGE INCLUSIONS:
- State of the art accommodation, complete with air conditioning, private ensuite toilet, hot water shower, toiletries (shampoo & shower gel) 3 towels (1 bathroom towel, 1 deck towel 1 hand towel) & 1 face cloth
- Full cabin make up every day.
- Stand up Paddleboards (SUPs) Kayaks, Full Snorkeling equipment including full length wetsuit.
- Full board with 4 high quality meals served daily. Two breakfasts, 2 course lunches, afternoon snacks & a 3 course dinner everyday. (Meals are buffet but served to you by our wonderful waiter Eis. All meals have multiple choices of meat, fish, vegetarian & vegan options)
- Choice of teas, quality Balinese coffee, a broad choice of sodas, fruit juices & of course purified water are also served throughout the day to you by the Carpe Diem staff. You will be given your very own stainless steel Trash Hero Indonesia bottle with your name on it so that you always have water on the tender for you to drink immediately before & immediately after every dive. After your trip you are welcome to take this bottle home as a souvenir of your stay with us.
- Full use of a complete set of diving equipment including (emergency personal GPS transmitters for peace of mind when diving in Komodo’s notoriously tricky currents)
- All tanks & scuba diving equipment, including a surface marker buoy (SMB) and reef hook all free of charge.
- For our Scuba Yogis –
- 12 yoga classes and 14+ dives (local ocean conditions permitting of course)
- 1 excursion to the Komodo Dragons visitors center and a walking tour with the local Komodo dragon park ranger. He will be our guide whilst leading us though the park to see these magnificent creatures up close & personal in their natural habitat. He will include an informational talk on the habits of these fascinating creatures & there will be options for photos & dragon selfies en route.
- 1 excursion to Pink Beach for photos & sunset drinks led by Carpe Diem Staff. On this day there will be just one yoga class in the morning. We will skip the evening class this day to take a trip to Pink beach and to give our bodies a little mid week recovery break from all the activity. Here you will have an opportunity to unwind with a few beers on the beach with your fellow adventurers while watching the sun go down.
- For our YOGI SNORKELERS –
- All the same inclusions except with Snorkeling / Kayaking or SUP options instead of the scuba dives.
- For our DIVING ONLY GUESTS –
- All the same inclusions with the opportunity to participate in up to to 3 or 4 dives per day, depending on ones stamina. You’re always welcome to come & try the yoga classes too.
- Personal meet & greet transfers to & from La Buan Bajo airport.
- All land excursions are also personally escorted by Carpe Diem’s own staff.
- Multi lingual Cruise Director (English, French, Bahasa Indonesian & Spanish)
- This luxurious trip has 10 crew members to cater for your every need. With a maximum of 7 guests on board this high staff to client ratio ensures that the needs of even our most discerning guests are met & so you will be free to completely relax between activities, ensuring that you go home feeling refreshed & rejuvenated after this once in a lifetime experience. The only time you will have to lift a finger is to put on your wetsuit. All equipment will be carried for you to & from the tender after each dive & rinsed by the Carpe Diems staff. Each diver & snorkeler will also have their own rinse tray to keep your personal equipment such as cameras, computers or masks. The Carpe Diem’s tender staff, will also aid each diver in gearing up, putting on weight belts, BCDs & fins before entering the water.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
The Komodo marine park fee (100USD)
Diving insurance (we can arrange this for you for just 40USD)
Alcohol (we do sell onboard & to give you some idea a double G&T is 8 USD
‘we had an amazing time!’
I just want you to know one thing, we had an amazing time! Keira is one of a kind. We have all very much enjoyed yoga with Keira, who is a sensitive and relaxed teacher.
Israel, January 2017
‘I had an amazing week’
I would recommend Keira without a doubt, she is such a lovely teacher. I had an amazing week and the yoga was fantastic.
UK, February 2010